Originally posted on Tuesday, July 12, 2011, 3:30:00 PM
Nothing cheers us up quite like a compliment, does it? Which is why I am in good spirits. The exceptionally lovely (just look at those dimples!) Anne Michaud has graced me with The Versatile Blogger Award. Yay! Anne is a relatively new online friend of mine, with a neat blog just blossoming with unique, personal posts and a dark edge. Very cool. Be sure to stop by and check it out. Thanks for the award, Anne!
Now, as per tradition, 7 things you probably don’t know about me…
1. Once, according to the advice of some silly “expert” on Oprah, I tried to make myself like carrots by tasting them 10 different times. Not only did my taste buds never “adjust,” I now hate carrots more than ever.
2. I am afraid of cows.
3. I met my husband in 8th grade. His first word to me was, “Preeeetty.” I thought he was a weirdo.
4. I have no fear of public speaking. But put me in a group of friendly strangers to “socialize,” and I will bolt for the nearest cover.
5. I have never been able to do even one chin-up. Dang it.
6. I’m pretty handy. How many girls do you know that can handle a jigsaw as well as she makes cookies? Not many, I’m guessing. 😉
7. I sincerely believe that daily flossing is the secret of life.
This award keeps on giving! My two nominees are…
Lisa McCray at The Getaway. Lisa’s poetry makes me feel like weeping or gasping – or maybe becoming a publisher so I could sign her. She just has so much raw talent. The only thing I would change about her blog? More of it.
Judy Clement Wall at Zebra Sounds. Judy is the perfect example of how being kind, sweet, and loving doesn’t make you soft; it makes you fearless. Her year-long “Love Project” is an ongoing source of surprise and inspiration for me, and I hope she figures out a way to keep it going when 2012 rolls around.
So there you have it. Feel free to pass on the award, ladies!Share this: